Monday, October 22, 2012

Mani Monday - Halloween

It's October! Y'all know what that means...temperatures are dropping, leaves are changing colors, creating beautiful views of the mountains from here in the Tennessee valley, and we're gearing up for Halloween. So today's manicure is a Halloween inspired one.

I started with two coats of Zoya's Arizona - a creamy orange that is perfect for autumn nails - and topped it with a coat of Seche Vite.

With flash
Without flash (please ignore my sad, torn cuticles)
After that, I taped off each nail at a diagonal for a sort of funky french mani, then used a good, thick coat of Sinful Color's Black on Black to do the tips. After that was dry, I finished it off with a coat of China Glaze's Make a Spectacle and another coat of Seche Vite.

Finished mani - with flash

Without flash
I have to add that I have a lot of glitter polishes and Make a Spectacle is by far my favorite now. It's from CG's "Wicked" 2012 Halloween collection and it is gorgeous! It completely transforms its look depending on the color it's topping. I am in LOVE! My autoimmune issues have been giving me a hard time lately, but as soon as I can get a break from them, I plan to swatch it on top of several different colors and share the pics here.

*Zoya can be found at zoya.com or your local Ulta store, Sinful Color can be found at Walgreens, China Glaze and Seche Vite can be found at Sally's Beauty Supply

No comments:

Post a Comment