Saturday, October 13, 2012

Everyone Has Their Crack

I have a saying - "Everyone has their crack." You know, that thing that you just have to have or do. For my mom, it's shoes. For my dad, it's fishing. For my daughters, it's music. For some, it's running or tennis. Sadly, for some it's, well, actual crack.

I have lots of obsessions, but my "crack" is nail polish.

Exhibit "A" ~ My current collection
And not just nail polish. Stamping plates, rhinestones, striping brushes...anything nail art oriented. Now, I can't do a lot of the freestyle drawing that some of the other uber-talented nail bloggers do. RA has made my hands far too shaky for that. And, let's face it, I'm not as young as I used to be and I can't pull some of that stuff off anymore.

Exhibit "B" ~ Swatching set-up after a China Glaze haul
But something about keeping my nails looking pretty keeps me sane. There's something soothing about getting the kids to bed at night, turning on the TV, and sitting down to do my nails. It's not an every night thing, but almost. And I started this blog so I can share some of my experiments as well as swatches of my collection. Eventually I hope to have a page with links to pictures of each color in my collection so folks can see before they buy, so to speak. That could take a while, though, because there are a, ahem, few.

My boyfriend calls me an addict. I don't deny it. Besides, if I admit I have a problem, it's not really a problem, right? Right? Hello? I mean, I can quit any time I want.

Oooh! Is that a new Zoya collection?!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely one of my addictions!! In fact, this might be what I'm doing on my lunch break today and wearing fingerless gloves tonight to show off my pretty fingers! ;) Happy Halloween to you and the kiddos, Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete